Lechon is a popular dish in the Philippines that is cooked and prepared on special occasions such as birthdays, fiestas, Christmas, or new year celebrations. It’s a whole pig stuffed with aromatics mainly lemongrass and is roasted in charcoal for several hours.Jump to Recipe
Lechon is also famous for its crispy and tasty skin, as well as its flavourful and tender juicy meat. It’s a sure hit for every occasion you can think of.
In this blog post, I’m going to teach you how to cook Lechon without the hassle of preparing it the traditional way. Instead of using the whole pig, we’ll use the belly part mainly for its layer of fat. When it is cooked, this will produce a rich flavor that enhances the taste of the meat and the skin living you wanting for more. Additionally, we will use the air fryer as a substitute for charcoal. This will allow for an easy cooking process that saves you time to do other things (e.g. cleaning, laundry, etc.) while waiting for the dish to cook.
Lastly, we will make a Cebu style pork belly Lechon, well-known for its delectable taste in the Philippines.
PIN AIRFRY LECHON BELLY FOR LATER
Airfry Lechon Belly (Cebu Style)
- Kitchen twine
- 1/2 kg Pork slab
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil any vegetable
- 1 medium sliced red onion
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 2 stalks green onion (scallion) cut lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic
- Put the pork slab in a flat surface and rub it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, chilli powder and olive oil on both sides.
- Spread sliced onion, garlic on top then add stalks of lemon grass and scallions. Rolled it and tie with kitchen twine.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 5 minutes
- Airfry to 180 C for 40 minutes (turn the side every 10 minutes)
- Set aside for few minutes then slice them to 2-3 servings.
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.