Aside from Reggae, Bob Marley, Jamaica Rum, the country of Jamaica is famous for its Jerk recipes. The Jamaican Jerk Chicken is one of my ultimate favorite chicken recipe of all. The perfectly marinated meat, smoky and sweet and subtle spicy hot from habanero will surely make you crave.Jump to Recipe
The first time I had tried jerk chicken was from burger restaurant who happens to serve Jamaican dishes. I was immediately impressed by it and it was my standard order each time I visit that restaurant. I had a chance to try it on other restaurant, but the flavor wasn’t near close to the one I tried on that burger place.
I always wanted to cook Jerk Chicken but got discourage when I think about grilling it. By the way, I live in an apartment where smoking and grilling is prohibited. So, I always scrap the idea however I was contemplating if I could have done it with an Airfryer, seems I had done it with other recipes.
PIN THIS AIRFRY JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN FOR LATER
The first was a success, then I know I have to remake this recipe for consistency. Now, I can say I had perfectly cook Jamaican Jerk Chicken on an Airfryer. Do you think it’s impossible? Absolutely No, but the flavor, juiciness remains intact sans the smoky part. Give it a try and I can guarantee your lunch/ dinner will never be the same again. Find the recipes below.
Airfry Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 500 grams Chicken thigh/ breast
- 4 stalks Scallions (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (grated/ minced)
- 1 tsp Ground Habanero Pepper
- 1 inch Ginger (grated/ minced)
- 1/3 cup Lime juice (lemon can also do the trick)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Thymes leaves ( fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Allspice powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- Combine all marinade ingredients (excep chicken) in small bowl. Mixed well.
- Pour the marinade mixture into ziploc with chicken. Shake the bag then marinade at least 3 hours. I recommended to marinade for 24 hours.
- Put an aluminum foil on the airfryer rack and arrange the marinade chicken.
- Preheat airfryer 180 C for 3 minutes. Airfry 180 C to 20 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking time.
- Serve warm with rice and salsa of your choice.
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.