Creamy and crispy – these are the adjectives that first come to my mind when I think about cordon bleu. It’s a dish of meat wrapped around ham and swiss cheese. Generally, this is often served with sauce on the side such as dijon mustard.Jump to Recipe
Since 2020 is over and 2021 has just begun, this dish is a fantastic way to start the year. Not only it’s easy and simple to cook but it also tastes delicious. Serving this dish to your family or loved ones will surely set the tone of the year. I mean, there’s no better way to start the year than with a full-on stomach from devouring an amazingly tasty dish.
So get yourself and your air fryer ready, and we will start preparing cordon bleu. Here’s how.
PIN THIS AIRFRY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU FOR LATER
Airfry Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Mixing bowls
- 1 medium Boneless chicken breast (Butterfly)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 slices Ham
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 medium Egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Butterfly the chicken and gently pound it using meat tenderizer or rolling pin.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread the mustard on the chicken.
- Place slices of ham then top with cheese. Then roll the chicken and close ends with toothpick.
- On separate 3 bowls. Place the flour in bowl one, beaten egg on the second and breadcrumbs with parmesan on the third bowl.
- Dip and rolled chicken breasts in the flour, beaten eggs then last with breadcrumbs parmesan mixture.
- Spray the chicken with olive oil and set for 5 minutes
- Preheat the airfryer 180 C for 4 minutes then Airfry 180 C for 16 minutes. Flip the chicken half way through the cooking time.
- Let the chicken rest for few minutes. Cut then serve, Enjoy!
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.