Delicious and yummy recipes don’t always have to be complicated to make. With a few steps, you can make amazing dishes using simple ingredients you have in your kitchen. Like the one, we will be making today – the scotch egg. This dish isn’t only easy to prepare but also very sumptuous on your tastebuds.
Scotch eggs are basically hard-boiled eggs wrapped in sausage meat that is coated in breadcrumbs and are either baked or deep-fried.
Jump to Recipe
This dish is often eaten as a snack. Best served with dips of your choice, this recipe goes extremely well with ketchup, hot sauce, and any cream-based condiments. For my preference, I love dipping scotch eggs in a hot and spicy sauce with a few herbs tossed right in. Yum!
PIN THIS AIRFRY SCOTTISH EGGS FOR LATER
If you think that hard-boiled eggs are boring and bland, then this recipe is the right one for you. This recipe is so easy to make. Even a less experienced cook can recreate this dish. Kids can also make this dish (with parental supervision, of course).
Get yourself ready and we’ll start making an air-fry version of this recipe.
Airfry Scottish Eggs
- 200 grams Pork Minced
- 2 medium Hard boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp White onions chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic grated
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme chopped ( Optional)
- 1 pinch Salt and Ground black Pepper
- 5 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine all pork minced, onions, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Mixed all the ingredients using your hand.
- Create a thin patty then place hard boiled egg on top. Wrap the egg with remaining minced pork.
- Place flour, beaten egg and panko bread crumbs on each bowls. Dip each wrapped egg first from flour to beaten egg then last to panko bread crumbs.
- Brush the coated eggs with olive oil. Doing this will avoid scottish eggs looks dry.
- Preheat Airfryer 200 C for 3 minutes. Airfryer for 200 C for 12 minutes. Flip half way through cooking.
- Slice the scottish egg half and serve warm. Garnish with chopped parsley ( optional)
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.