Liempo is a very popular dish and been cook in different variations in the Philippines. It’s a pork belly marinated in various sauces before being grilled in burning-hot charcoal. It is often served with spicy vinegar mixed with crushed garlic.
I already made a post on Liempo, particularly the Airfry Lechon Liempo Cebu Style recipe . However, in this recipe, I made a different variation of this delicious dish called the Balamban Liempo.
Jump to Recipe
Balamban is a municipality in the province of Cebu, the Philippines where this recipe originated. This dish is characterized by its savory and juicy pork meat. The combination of unique and special herbs set this recipe apart from other similar liempo dishes. It has a good balance of flavors that will make you want more from your first bite. This dish goes well with rice, too. No Filipino food recipes are enjoyed without rice, and that’s a fact. So if you are planning to get together with friends or family members, you can serve this amazing dish.
PIN AIRFRY BALAMBAN LIEMPO FOR LATER
To make this dish, you won’t be needing a griller or hot charcoal. Instead, an air fryer will be used for a fast and convenient way of cooking this sumptuous recipe. Get yourself ready. Here’s how.
Airfry Balamban Liempo
- Mixing bowl
- 1/2 kilo Pork belly
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 3 stalks Green onions (chopped)
- 3 stalks Chives (chopped)
- 1 stalk Lemon grass (lemon grass)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- In the middle section of pork belly, make an incision to form a pocket for the fillings.
- Rub the pork belly with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Combine all the stuffing ingredients in a big bowl and mixed it well.
- Stuffed the pork belly with the fillings and press it using a teaspoon.
- Wrap the pork belly sith aluminum foil. Preheat the AIrfryer 180 C for 5 minutes.
- Airfry 180 C for 40 minutes, flip the liempo halfway through cooking.
- Remove the foil then airfry again for 200 C for 10 minutes. This is to achieve the crispy exterior of the liempo. Flip halfway through cooking.
- It should turn golden brown, ready to serve. Enjoy!
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.