Korean cuisine is known for its delicious and spicy dishes. If you love your chicken crispy and spicy, then this dish is for you.
In this post, we will be making Yangnyeom Dak Korean Sweet and Spicy Chicken. Yangnyeom, in Korean means, seasoned. Meanwhile, “Dak” means chicken. This dish is characterized by its sweetness and spiciness. It’s also a very popular chicken dish in Korea because of its delectable taste. It’s crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This dish is also coated with a generous amount of sweet and spicy sauce.
Jump to Recipe
This chicken recipe is best served with rice, or if you want to unwind and relax from your busy day you can also enjoy this with a cold beer. You can cook this for yourself or your family and friends. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled for a bigger crowd. I am pretty sure, this dish will be a crowd favorite.
PIN THIS AIRFRY YANGNYEOM DAK (KOREAN SWEET ANDS SPICY CHICKEN)
If you have a problem with frying food in oil, then you don’t have to worry. This dish will be cooked in an air fryer, so cooking oil will not be an issue. This recipe is absolutely easy to prepare and make. Get yourself ready and we’ll start cooking. Here’s how.
Airfry Yangnyeom Dak (Korean Sweet and Spicy Chicken)
For the chicken
- 400 g Chicken drumettes
- 1 pinch Salt and ground pepper (to season)
For the batter
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch or potato starch
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch Salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium Egg (beaten)
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 gloves Garlic(minced)
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 3 tbsp Honey ( or corn syrup)
- 1.5 tbsp Gochujang ( hot pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar ( or lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds (toasted)
- Season the chicken drumettes with salt and ground pepper
- In another bowl, combine potato/ corn starch, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add the seasoned chicken and beaten egg and mixed them by your hand.
- Preheat Airfryer 180C 5 minutes. Airfry 180 C for 20 minutes and flip halfway through cooking.
- To achieve extra crispy. Double airfry on 200 C for 10 minutes and flip halway through cooking.
- While the chicken is resting. Heat the vegetable oil to the frying pan, then saute with garlic until it turns brown. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and let it boil. Stir it until it becomes glossy.
- Tossed the chicken to the sauce mixture and mixed them well. Sprinkle some sesame seeds. Serve it immediately.
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.