Aside from my love for Thai and Japanese cuisine, I also have an affinity for Indian food. It’s flavorful, aromatic, and spicy. Virtually every dish they prepare is made with a generous amount of herbs and spices which makes flavors burst in your mouth as you taste them. It’s truly an amazing experience to taste Indian food, something that I think everyone regardless of whether they are a foodie (like me) or not, should experience in their lifetime.
Jump to Recipe
If you want to start cooking Indian food, one of the easiest to make (one of the tastiest, too), is the famous tandoori chicken. This dish is prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and various spices. Additionally, this is also cooked in a tandoor, a traditional Indian clay oven.
The fusion of spices such as powdered turmeric, garam masala, etc. makes this one of the best chicken-based food recipes around. It’s soft and tender on the inside, spicy and charred on the outside.
Good news! One doesn’t have to own a tandoor oven to create this dish. You can make this using an air fryer (my personal choice 😉). The air fryer will not only mimic the cooking process in a clay oven, but it also ensures that the flavors are packed and sealed within the chicken. Here’s how you do it.
PIN AIRFRY CHICKEN TANDOORI FOR LATER
Airfry Chicken Tandoori
- Mixing bowl
- 5 pcs Chicken drumettes (de skinned)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil (for basting)
- 3 wedges Lemon (for garnishing)
- 1/3 cup Yogurt (greek yogurt is good)
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste (used fine grater)
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste (used fine grater)
- 1/2 tsp Ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- t tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt (himalayan salt is good)
- Create 2-3 slits on the chicken
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Apply the marinade evenly to the chicken and make sure each is properly coated.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour then refrigerate
- Arrange the marinated chicken in airfryer basket. Then baste with oil.
- Preheat Airfryer 180 C to 3 minutes. Airfry 180 C to 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken then baste with oil. Then continue to airfry 200 C 5 minutes.
- Remove on the airfryer basket and serve. Garnish with lemon wedges, onions or cucumber
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.