Kimchi inside the porkchop? Yeah it is odd to imagine but this was the result when I experimented on my kitchen. This recipe was derived my Airfry Balamban Liempo but with a twist. Instead of using pork belly, I used pork chop with thick cut and use Kimchi as stuffing. My love samgyupsal made me do this recipe.
Jump to Recipe
The closest dish you can find on this recipe are Stuffed Pork Chops which used butter, onions, breadcrumbs and parsley as fillings. But there is nothing on the you can find on the web using Kimchi as stuffing for porkchops.
The porkchop will look charred that resemble like a regular grilled porkchop. But beneath its pockets, it burst with flavor, courtesy of Korean chili paste and kimchi.
PIN AIRFRY KIMCHI PORKCHOP POCKET FOR LATER
If you are a big fan of Kimchi and pork like myself. This recipe is for you. The ingredients are easily available on your kitchen if you hoard Korean condiments. Preheat your airfryer and try this Kimchi Porkchop Pocket.
Airfry Kimchi Porkchop Pocket
- 1 pc Porkchop (thick)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Gochujang sauce (Korean Chili Paste)
- 1 stalk Green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Kimchi ( cabbage)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
- Make an incision in the middle of Porkchop to form a pocket.
- Rub the porkchop with salt and ground red pepper evenly.
- In a small bowl combine gochujang, sesame oil, green onion, and kimchi. Mix them well.
- Stuffed the porkchop with the fillings and press it using a teaspoon.
- Closed the porkchop pocket using toothpicks.
- Preheat the Airfryer 180 C for 5 minutes. Airfry 180 C for 20 minutes, flip the porkchop halfway through cooking time.
- Rest the porkchop for 1-2 minutes. Slice and serve.
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.