An old fashioned famous cake that is being well loved by many generations. Carrot cake is always known for its harmony of spices, hinted with sweet carrots, complemented by cream cheese frosting. There are different versions of this recipe but there are common ground, that is moist crumbs and sweet spice smell.Jump to Recipe
PIN THIS AIRFRY MOIST CARROT CAKE FOR LATER
This recipe of carrot cake uses British Mixed Spice which is warm and sweet spicy flavor aroma. Also It has orange juice and zest for additional burst of citrusy scent that well accepted by carrots and spices.
If you had experience baking a cake using an Airfryer before, this will be easy for you. Here it is.
Airfry Moist Carrot Cake
- 2 Ramekin baking dish (12CM)
- Aluminum foil
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice (Cinnamon + Nutmeg are alternative)
- 1 large Carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 medium Egg, beaten
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil (olive oil)
- 1 pc Orange ( Juice and Zest)
- 2 tbsp Raisins
Frosting Ingredients (Optional)
- 100 g Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients flour, sugar, spice powder, carrot and orange zest.
- Beat the egg, then add orange juice and oil. Pour the wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mixed well until it becomes a batter.
- Then add the raisins and mixed again.
- Pour the mixture in to the ramekin dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil with holes.
- Preheat 160 C for 5 minutes. Airfry 160 C for 30 minutes
- Let it cool before serving.
Frosting ( This is Optional)
- In a bowl, cream butter and cream cheese using a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add in Vanila.
- Gradually add powder sugar to the mixture.
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.