What is a Huli-Huli chicken? It’s a grilled chicken that originated in Hawaii, famous for its insanely delicious taste that is made from marinating a mixture of pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, sherry, garlic, and ginger. This dish is extremely tender to the bones. It’s so good!
Jump to Recipe
This recipe will bring about memories of being on a tropical island. Every bite feels like you are in a paradise destination by the beach, with an amazing view of the sea in front of you while the sun shines so bright. Oh what an experience it must be, right? And since we are stuck at home due to the pandemic, what better way to bring back memories of summer by preparing this fantastic dish.
PIN AIRFRY CHICKEN HULIHULI FOR LATER
Sweet and savory – those are the two words that best describe Huli-Huli chicken. It will bring a smile to anyone who consumes it. I think the sunny vibe and feeling that is brought by tropical food are what make everyone happy with this sort of food, correct?
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself ready and we will start cooking an air-fry version of this delicious recipe.
Airfry Chicken Hulihuli
- Big Ziploc
- 1/4 whole Chicken ( thigh part)
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 4 tbsp Ketchup
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sherry or Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 3 slices Pineapple
- Combine sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, sherry/ apple cider vinegar, ginger and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Mixed them well. Put the chicken on ziploc then pour the 3/4 of marinade mixture. Keep the 1/4 for basting. Marinade at least 8 hours or overnight for best result.
- Preheat 180 C for 3 minutes. Airfry 180 C for 20 minutes.
- Flip way through cooking time and brush with marinade sauce. Add the pineapples and continue cooking
- Serve them warm. Enjoy!
Please let us know what do you think about this recipe. Leave us a comment.